Saturday, April 4, 2009

Oliver Daffi


Today dawned as a gorgeous, warm spring Saturday in Bloomington--the perfect day to visit Oliver Winery. While Oliver's has a broad and tasteful selection of wines for tasting, that's not the reason Mom and I went. It was the flower display! Thousands of daffodils, hyacinths and early tulips were on grand display. The daffis, in all sizes and colors of white, cream, gold and peach were showing off like bonnets in a Easter parade.

I love gardening to see perennial beds in pristine shape without a a single dandelion to spoil to spoil the view makes me turn spring green with envy. Even with my foot still in its protective walking boot, I hobbled my way through gardens admiring the evenly spread mulch, the crystal clear water features and kaleidescope of colors and textures. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Oliver Winery and look forward to returning in the sunny days ahead. Maybe next time I'll even have a taste of the grape.

1 comment:

Char Lyn said...

Ahh...what happened to spring? I wish we had something like that around here. It would help me kick these winter blues. Hopefully we will have nice weather here again soon.